Sunday, August 28, 2011

It's Football Season Baby!

It's that time of year again! Football season has officially kicked off. I love watching my kids do their things on the ball field. Unfortunately, this year my son was unable to play football due to his diabetes. However, my daughter is kickin it hard out there. 
Yes, she made the school cheer squad for the second year. It's a good thing the cheerleaders are pretty good, since the 8th grade football team leaves a lot to be desired. I couldn't be prouder of her. I'll be glad to get her uniforms paid off though. Hard to believe how much that little bit of material can cost!!! It's unreal! She deserves every penny paid for them. She does so well with her academics, and works her butt off for the squad, that I believe she earns the cost of her uniforms and more. She practices during school all week, has practices on Tuesdays after school at a gym, then has games on Thursday nights. The hardest thing for me is that sometimes I can't afford to go to her games. I know it bothers her that all the other girls have their parents there, and she's the only one that doesn't. She never says anything about it though. She tries hard not to put my stress on me over it, because she knows I beat myself up over it every time I have to miss a game.
We actually had a great time this past week. I was able to borrow enough money for my son and I to go to my daughter's game Thursday night. It was great seeing her out there even if the football team did lose miserably. Then, Friday night we went to the high school game. Cheyenne got to go for free with the cheer squad if she wore her jersey, and my dad paid for Lakota and me to go. Again, the football team lost miserably, but it was still fun just knowing my kids were enjoying themselves. I spent the largest part of Friday with my son and not one, but TWO 8th grade cheerleaders!!! Can you possibly imagine what that was like? There was never a dull or QUIET moment (especially when they started sucking on helium balloons)! The things we parents do just to see a smile on the faces of our kids!!!!!!!
We don't get to do much as a family due to finances, but when we do, we do it up right!

No comments:

Post a Comment